Thursday, August 4, 2022

Farewell, but a parting gift!

Hey guys (the handful of you out there!), I've decided to abandon all hope for playing 40K in the future and have been selling off my collection.

I will not be adding more to this blog, unless I stumble upon some excellent resources.  I hope the resources here will continue to be used well into the future, and I've enjoyed my time trying to salvage the only edition of Warhammer 40K I ever enjoyed.

In closing, however, I did assemble replacement dice for 2nd Edition 40K which are now available here:

Grimdark Dice (Oldhammer)

I had the files laying around, and Gamecrafter recently started doing full-colour dice.  Hope some of you guys will get to use them, and enjoy them. They're not cheap, but custom print-to-order stuff never is!






7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your hard work. I have used your site a number of times recently as our small local 2nd edition community grows. I will continue to direct new and old players here for resources. Thanks again and I do hope you pick up the dice again someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I game a ton - just no longer with 40K. I design games as a hobbyist, so I spend way more time playing and play-testing those!

      Delete
    2. I've edited the original Battle for Armageddon Missions booklet from the box set, and added the 4th mission from white dwarf, laid it out together as one booklet, do you have any interest in putting it up as a resource for people?

      Delete
  2. Hi, really sad to see you go, I enjoyed your content very much!

    As it happens, I'm in the process of compiling a new version of 2nd as a fan project (it goes quite beyond what 2nd originally was).

    I wanted to ask, may I use your resources in that? This is purely a non-profit fan project, by gamers for gamers type of deal, and I will naturally credit you for all resources I use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing. Most of the stuff compiled here is from other sources (the card decks, etc.). I only did the datafaxes, etc.

      Delete
    2. Great, thank you very much!
      One question, would it be possible to upload the source version of the datafaxes as well? I ask because for my version of 2nd (I think reimagining is the appropriate word nowadays) some point costs have changed and some weapons work differently, so being able to edit the text directly would be greatly appreciated!

      Cheers,
      Chris

      Delete
    3. I don't have any source stuff remaining, though I do believe I posted simple 'core' images for making datafaxes on this blog somewhere.

      Delete